Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Baby Showers

I have really procrastinated on posting all my shower pictures. I had 3 and we got a ton of stuff! The first shower I had was a tea at my church on January 17. Here are the pictures from that day.

My second shower was thrown by Martha, Joanna, Megan and Kate here at our house. It was on January 24. Here are the pictures from that day.

My last shower was on January 31 and was put together by Robert's mom and his sisters. Here are the pictures from that day.

Sorry for the picture overload. Hopefully my next post will be full of Bryson pictures!


So here I am, 3 days overdue and still no baby. Not only is there still no baby, but as of yesterdays appointment, I had still made no progress. My doctor still thought he was going to be big, so she did another ultrasound. He looks so precious. He has big pouty lips and a head full of hair. However, he is not big. The ultrasound tech had him measured right around 8 pounds. So since he's not big, my doctor set me up for a stress test. His heart rate was between 140 and 150 the entire time and I even had a few small contractions that I didn't even feel. Me and Bryson passed this test with flying colors. Everything with me and him are perfect. That's the good news. The bad news, that bought me another fabulous week of being pregnant! I was really not wanting to hear that. Especially because I have already been finished with work for a full week and this itching is driving me insane! She gave me a prescription for an oral steroid and a steroid cream which so far are not working. I think I'm going to give it one more night and then I may be calling her back. I just don't see how I'm going to make it another week with this itching! So here's the plan:
I go back to see the doctor on Monday March 1, if Bryson has not come before then. If I am still not dialated, I will have two choices. One will be to come back Monday night and be induced. The reason she would want me back Monday night instead of Tuesday morning is because chances are, if I haven't made any progress, labor will be very long. So that opens up another option. If I'm not dialated, I could just come back Tuesday morning and have a c-section. I think this is option we are leaning toward. I just don't see the reason to put my body through all those extra drugs and labor pains only to end up with a c-section anyway.
On the other hand, if I go back on Monday and I have dialated to at least 3 or 4 cm, then I will go back on Tuesday morning and get induced. She said my chances of having a successful deliver go up the more I am dialated. I'm hoping Bryson decides to come on his own before then, but I think he has his own agenda. Here are the ultrasound pictures from yesterday.

I love how his hair looks like it has spikes just like Robert's. I can't wait to see what it's going to look like.