Friday, March 19, 2010

I have the best baby ever!

I can't believe it but Bryson slept for 8 hours straight last night! I have no idea what we did any differently than the other days but I am still in shock! At around 9pm he got really tired so I swaddled him, put him in the bassinet and told Robert that I was going on to bed too because I just knew that he would wake me up soon to eat. I kinda dozed off and a little bit before 10 I heard him whining a little bit. It had been about 3 hours since his last bottle and since Robert was still up, I asked him to feed him. He sucked that bottle down in about 15 minutes and then Robert put him back in the bassinet and we all went to sleep. Next thing I know it's 5am. I look over at Robert and ask him if he got up in the middle of the night, he said no,and I looked over and Bryson was still asleep; so I went back to sleep. Around 6am he woke up crying and I felt like I couldn't get the bottle ready fast enough. He was wide awake and smiling for Robert which I'm sure whas a great way to start his day. After he sucked the bottle down, I pumped and then we both took a nap til about 9am. It was time for him to eat again. He ate and fell asleep for another hour, then woke up just long enough for me to shower, then fell back asleep. He has been asleep again for almost another hour! I cannot believe that he sleeps as much as he does, but I will take advantage of it. Today I have actually been able to write thank you notes. I got a ton of them done, but now I just have to address them and mail them off. I would have worked on some school work but I'm so worried that since he has slept so long that he will wake up any minute and I don't want to be stuck right in the middle of an assignment and have to stop. Tonight we are going back to the Galleria with Martha and Will. I'm hoping that we can find him some more cute stuff!

No comments: