Thursday, August 5, 2010

Rice Cereal

At Bryson's 4 month appointment, we got the ok to start rice cereal and baby food. Our pediatrician said that until about 6 months, both the cereal and baby food would just be for practice since babies don't need them for nutritional value until they are 6 months. After doing a lot of research, we decided to go ahead with the cereal but hold off on the baby food until 6 months since that is what is recommended by the AAP. I wanted to go ahead with the cereal so Bryson would know how to eat from a spoon when the time came to give him baby food. Our first few times were a big failure. He kept pushing it out with his tongue and would not swallow it. Some people say that means they are not ready but I don't think it does. I just think it takes some time for them to learn how to eat from a spoon. I was about ready to give up and take a break from it when all of a sudden Bryson decided he liked it! I think it just took some time for him to get used to it and for me to find a consistency that he liked. He now has the cereal once a day, usually at the next to the last bottle of the night. He is a messy eater too! He does good for the first few bites but he'll start sticking his hands in his mouth to suck on and will end up getting the cereal everywhere! It's actually pretty funny! Of course I took pictures since I take pictures of everything! It is so hard to believe that my little man is already eating cereal! Time is going by way to fast. I may just cry when it's time to start baby food.







And here are some messy one's just for fun.





No comments: