Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bryson's 1st Labor Day and 6 month appointment.

For Bryson's 1st Labor Day, we went to Oak Mountain to cook out with Robert's family. After eating, they went kayaking and paddle boating while I sat with Bryson in the truck because he fell asleep. Here are some pictures.

We had Bryson's 6 month appointment on Monday and she was very impressed with how he was doing. She had a medical student with her so she asked a lot of questions about his development. She was most impressed with him crawling and even said "ok, he's not supposed to be doing that." He weighed 18 pounds 5 ounces (which is the 75th percentile), he is 26 inches long (which is between the 50-75th percentile) and I believe she said his head circumference was 17 (which is in the 50th percentile). She asked about baby food and was very excited that we were making our own. She told us to keep doing what we were doing with that. He got 4 shots and an oral vaccine, one of those shots was the flu shot, and he goes back in a month to get the flu shot booster. I'm so glad they were able to go ahead and give it to him so it has time to kick in before we head to NYC for Thanksgiving. After we go back for the booster, we don't go back until he is 9 months in December, but honestly, I'm not sure we will be going back to that office. I love our pediatrician but the staff there is horrible. They harass us about his bill even though we pay something every month and when they do harrass about it, its either the day before or the day of his appointment and they demand that we pay an outrageous amount or they won't see him. Then 2 weeks ago, we went in for his poops. (he was having major poop issues but wasn't sick). We get there, sign in, and go sit in the same waiting room we always sit in and like always, its empty. (its the children's well room). When they call his name for me to pay his co-pay, the lady rudely says "you have to sit in the sick waiting room". I said "but he's not sick" she said "too bad, he's here for poops so I say he's sick". I then said "ma'am, there is no way I'm sitting my perfectly healthy child in a waiting room full of coughing, snotty, nasty school aged kids. He doesn't go to daycare so he's not around germs." She then said "well I'm sorry but that's the rule". I told her again that I wouldn't sit there since he wasn't sick and asked where we could go since we were allowed to sit in a waiting room and she said "well, i guess you could just stand by the fish tank" I was shocked. So what did we do, we stood by the fish tank. On the way out, it was everything I could do to keep myself from going to that lady and saying "oh, by the way, he's not sick, and if he does get sick, you can pay for his doctor bill." But I was the better person and kept my mouth shut.

No comments: