Friday, September 17, 2010

Veggies

It's hard to believe that Bryson is already 6 months old, which means, time to start baby food! I plan on making all of his food myself. For one, it's a whole lot cheaper; and two, it's a whole lot better for him. So far I have made him squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, green beans, and pears. He has loved them all so far except for the peas. I think part of that could have been a texture thing so I decided to remake them and we will try those again tomorrow. We started with fruit yesterday and at first he didn't really seem to like the pears, but today, he gobbled them up. The fruits I plan on making are peaches, plums, nectarines, avocado, apples and pumpkin. After I have given him all of those, I'm going to get him one of those mesh feeders and introduce bananas. At his 6 month appointment, the pediatrician suggested that we up his food feedings to 3 times a day so for now I'm doing a baby food in the morning, oatmeal for lunch and a baby food at night. Once he has been introduced to everything and he shows no signs of allergies, I will make him some combo foods and also give him a fruit and a vegetable at one meal. Here are some funny pictures of him trying out his first foods.

Squash

He loved it!


Sweet Potatoes

Carrots

These have been his favorite

Peas (he seemed to like them at first)

But then it was all down hill.

No comments: