Saturday, April 28, 2012

Bryson's 1st Concert! The Fresh Beat Band!

When I heard that The Fresh Beat band was coming to town, I knew it would be the perfect gift to give Bryson for his birthday. The tickets were a bit pricey, so I asked my mom if she wanted to buy one and come with me. She did, and we had a great time. Children under 2 were free, so since we bought the tickets before Bryson turned 2, we figured it would be OK. Besides, there was no way i was paying $40 plus bucks for Bryson to have a seat that he wouldn't even sit in. On his birthday, since I knew he wouldn't understand what the tickets were, we gave him a copy of The Fresh Beat Band CD. We have been jamming to it since then and he now knows all the songs.
The concert was on Thursday April 26 and started at 7pm. I was originally going to take that day off since there was no way I could work until 6pm and us eat dinner and make it to the concert on time, but since my hours have now changed to 7:30-12, I didn't have to. I knew that we would get in late after the concert so I did swap shifts on Friday with my co-teacher so we could sleep in. Thank goodness I did because it was almost midnight before I went to bed. Of course Bryson fell asleep in the car so he was up bright and early the next morning.
Since I got off at noon, we were able to take our time getting ready and Bryson was actually able to take a nap. We met my mom on Lakeshore to eat Chick-Fil-A and headed downtown around 5:30. I had no idea how bad rush hour traffic would be so I wanted to get there a little early. There was no traffic at all. We made it there right before 6pm. We sat in the car for a little bit since it was still an hour before the concert started. Once we saw more people go in, we decided that maybe we should head in. Once we got to the door, the lady scanned our tickets and never questioned why we didn't have a ticket for Bryson. We then wanted to find to souvenirs, but the line was insane and so was the snack bar line. We decided to go ahead and find our seats instead. Bryson was OK for a little bit but then they were 15 minutes late and he got a little antsy. Thank God we were able to pull up some YouTube videos on my moms phone. It kept him entertained until the came on stage.
When they finally got on stage, Bryson didn't know what to think. He just stared at them for a little bit looking confused! It was hilarious. But as soon as I started singing some of the songs, he joined right in. He stayed in my moms lap most of the time, but he really did have a great time. It was so cute to watch him sing along with all the songs and it was hilarious to watch him clap at the end of every song. Right before intermission, my mom headed down to buy him a t-shirt, a light, and some popcorn while there was no line. Bryson decided to sit in her seat while she was gone and once the Freeze Dance song came on, he was ready to party! My mom picked the perfect time to go, because right when she sat down, it was intermission. The lines were insane! I have no idea why they thought it would be a good idea to only have 1 place to buy souvenirs. I decided to get in line for a drink, and I only missed 1 song (of course it was the Rock Star song), but when I went back in, the lines were still crazy!
After intermission, Bryson seemed to understand what was going on and he started to sing and dance with The Fresh Beats. He had a great time and I'm sure if they come back again, we will probably go. The tickets may have been a little over priced, but Bryson had an amazing time. It was defintely worth the money.
 Bryson ready to party!
 Goofing around before the show started.
 Thank God for YouTube.


 He was so confused!

 Now he understands and started clapping after all the songs.
 Singing along with The Fresh Beats.
 Now he's got 2 of his favorite things. Popcorn, and The Fresh Beats.
 Goofing off with mommy and his new light.
 It's impossible to get a picture with him. He just can't be still!

 Singing and dancing
 I think at this point he was tired of me taking pictures.


Bye Fresh Beats! Hope to see you again soon!

No comments: