Sunday, September 30, 2012

Labor Day Weekend Part One

Since our last Labor Day beach trip was rained out by a Tropical Storm, we decided to try the trip again (hopefully this time with no rain). The week before, there was a Hurricane in the Gulf. At first it looked like it was going to hit Panama City, then a little further east (which would have given us the worst of the storm). But it finally made up its mind and headed to New Orleans, so our beach trip was safe! On Friday morning, my Aunt had a little procedure done to shock her heart back in rhythm. So me and Bryson packed the car, and headed to Trussville to be there with her. It was such a quick procedure that by the time we got there she was done. She was happy to see Bryson though so I'm glad we went. On the way back home for lunch, Bryson started digging in his toy bag. Next thing I knew he had his Spiderman mask on the his face. It was hilarious. I had no idea that he had fallen asleep with it on though. When we got to Helena and I went to get him out of the car, he was sound asleep. It was hilarious!
After lunch, we headed out. We first stopped to pick up Lola and get some Starbucks. Then we headed to Montgomery to pick up Robert from work. Once we had picked him up, it was time to head to the beach! Bryson was such a good boy in the car; and we only stopped to potty twice, I think! We made it to the beach just in time for dinner. We put all our stuff down in our awesome condo, freshened up, then headed out. We decided to get at Angelo's Steakhouse that night. It was just the four of us so we just kind of chose whatever.Then we had to go to Wal-Mart to stock up on food for the weekend and of course Bryson fell asleep. I guess the no nap while traveling made him tired.
We all got a good nights sleep then it was time to head to the beach and the pool! Bryson was so excited. He wanted to go to the pool first and since we got a late start, we figured that was a good idea since our condo was right by the pool. He had fun hanging out in the hot tub, by the steps, and climbing up the stairs.

After a few hours at the pool, we headed in for a little lunch. We just grabbed a pizza from Pizza Hut so we could eat quick, get Bryson down for a quick nap, and head back to the beach.  We were hoping Bryson would take a short nap so we had more time at the beach, but he must have been tired. He took a pretty long nap. That didn't give us too much time at the beach before we had to go in and get ready for Auburn's first game of the season. He had fun putting his feet in the water, digging in the sand, and looking for seashells. Since the Hurricane had just blown through the Gulf, there were a ton of seashells!

After a little beach time, we all headed in to get ready for the game. Robert and Paul bought some shrimp so we had a little shrimp boil right before the game. Bryson loves shrimp so he eat a ton! I'm not a big shrimp eater but I love the potatoes and corn so I filled up on that. We finished right at kick-off and even though our team lost, it was so nice that football season had officially started again.

After the game, Lisa and Paul disappeared. Eli wanted to go ride on the elevator so Robert went with him. When they got back there was still no sign of Lisa and Paul so they went to the beach to see if they were out there. Right when they found them, Paul was proposing to Lisa! We are all so excited and happy for them and can't wait for Paul to officially be a member of the family. Congratulations guys!

No comments: