Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mother's Day and Family Dedication

Ok, so after this post I will officially be up to date! Yay!
I had the most amazing 1st Mother's Day! It was way better than I had expected. I woke up that morning and Bryson was still asleep. Robert had gotten up with him earlier to feed him and he put him back in the bed with me on his boppy pillow. I love this time of day with my little guy. He is so much fun to cuddle with. (I had no idea that Robert had put my gift on the boppy pillow, so when I got up, it was still there).When I finally woke up,I put Bryson back in his bassinet and I headed to the kitchen and Robert was in there cooking breakfast. I was still half asleep so I didnt think anything of it. Sometimes he gets up early and makes himself breakfast. I sat down on the couch to pump (still half asleep) and thats when Robert put my breakfast and coffee on the tray table in front of me. Little did I know that he had then put my gift by my pump. I had no idea it was there!, so Robert moved it again. After pumping, it was time to hop in the shower and get ready for church. Robert told me to give Bryson a kiss before getting in the shower and I told him no because I didnt want to wake him up. He asked me again and I said the same thing. Finally he said, "I'm tired of being subtle. Just got look at him before you get in shower." This is what I found:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
What an amazing 1st Mother's Day gift! It's so beautiful and way more than I thought I would get. It's Bryson's birthstone so I love it!
After we got dressed we headed to church. We went to my church to have Bryson dedicated. He did great! He was in such a great mood which was awesome because I don't know if I could have handled another day of him screaming like he did at his Baptism. That was insane! He smiled at everybody in the church and even spit up all over the Pastor. That was priceless and Robbie captured that all on video. (hopefully soon I will figure out how to share videos with everybody because we have a ton!)
Here are a few pictures from his dedication:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After church, we headed over to my parents house for some yummy Costa's BBQ. For my moms gift, we all pitched in and bought her a "grandmother's" ring. It has both Bryson and Will's birthstone and name and we will be able to add to it later. We had to order it so hopefully it will be here soon. I will try to post a picture of it when it arrives. For dinner, we went over to Lola's and spent some time with her. Robert bought her a super nice plant at the Farmer's Market that had flowers and I think some veggies in it. I definitely had a great 1st Mother's Day and I hope that I can plan the same great day for Robert's 1st Father's Day. That will be a special weekend for us, but last year, on the day before Father's Day was when we found out we were pregnant. I can't believe that was almost a year ago!

No comments: