Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Very Mooneyhan Christmas!

This year, me and Robert hosted the Mooneyhan Christmas party at our house. We had a lot of fun. We usually draw names but since Mike and Miho just moved back to Alabama from Japan with the kids, I wanted to do something a little more interactive. Last Christmas we started a gift card Dirty Santa game with Robert's family and had a lot of fun, so I decided to try that with the Mooneyhan's. We set a $25 dollar limit and still bought something for all the kids. It was so much fun. We let the kids open their gifts first so they would have something to play with while we played the game. The kids were so good playing with all their new toys. I think their favorite "toy" of the day came from one of the Dirty Santa gifts. My Aunt Brenda put some shiny Easter grass looking stuff in her gift and as soon as the kids saw it, they went nuts. It was so funny because they kept throwing it around the house screaming "Fireworks!". It was hilarious. Since my grandparents died, we don't get to see them as much as we used to and it makes me sad. I know that as we grow older and have families of our own, things change. But sometimes I wish things could still be the same way they were when I was a kid. I have so many fond memories of Christmases with the Mooneyhan's at my grandparents house in Gardendale. I wish that they could have still been alive to meet Will and Bryson because I know they would have loved them. But on a happier note, here are some great pictures I took of our little get together. I wish I would have taken more, but things always get a little chaotic when you host a party at your own house.
 Opening gifts with Daddy
 New dump trucks!
 More gifts!

 A new puzzle!

 Fireworks!

 Maya playing with the fireworks
 Bryson loved the fireworks
 Bryson and Granna
 Bryson had such a busy day!

No comments: